Food Waste Tracker
DIGITAL SOLUTION TO REDUCE FOOD WASTE
Reducing food waste improves profitability and reduces environmental impact. Find out the amount of actual waste covering the entire chain from storage to plate waste. Track and compare the quantity and quality of food produced, served and wasted in currency, kilograms and carbon footprint (kgCO2e).
- Find out why, what and at what stage the food waste occurs
- Know the amount, value, and carbon footprint of the waste
- Track production and serving quantities
- Estimate consumption
- Recording is automated with the Waste Scale
- Take the right measures to reduce food waste
- All data is stored in SmartKitchen Cloud Service
- The user interface is real-time, easy and intuitive
- Works on all web browsers
- Meets the requirements of the Waste Act for recording food waste
The perfect solution for reducing food waste
Ready to improve productivity and reduce environmental impact.
Record, track, and reduce food waste easily and reliably
Food waste causes significant costs for professional kitchens. Under the guidance of restaurant management, the staff strives to reduce losses. Cost efficiency can be improved with the help of the Food Waste Tracker by monitoring where the highest costs arise and by taking targeted measures to reduce the waste. The solution is also a good tool for food consumption assessment, as it can be used to record the amount of production and serving in addition to wastage.
It is possible to achieve remarkable savings yearly. At the same time, the carbon footprint of the restaurant is also reduced. Do you know the amount and value of food loss in your restaurant?
Save staff time!
Forget pen and paper, automate routines.
Kitchen staff is usually busy and the traditional way of recording waste on paper or in an Excel spreadsheet takes too much time. The collected data is therefore often very incomplete and the true amount of waste is not known. The Food Waste Tracker is an easy-to-use, real-time, and accurate solution for tracking and analyzing food waste.
Food Waste Tracker is used to monitor the overall amount of food waste (kg), the value (€ or other currency) and the carbon footprint (kgCO2e). The total amount and impact of food waste can, for example, be seen with one view from all monitored service points. The data can be sorted by food waste categories and examined by selecting desired time periods.
The soltution is also a good tool for food consumption assessment, as it can be used to record the amount of production and serving in addition to wastage.
Take waste into account when planning the menu.
FoodWasteTracker can retrieve the day’s menu from the menu application used by the kitchen, for example POS or production planning systems. The meal items from the menu are automatically displayed on the waste scale for recording the waste. The amount of food waste is analyzed individually for each meal item. Waste data can also be transferred directly to the production planning system. The next time you plan to prepare the meal in question, you will know the correct production amount based on the previous waste data. The amount of food that goes to waste can be significantly reduced.
Plate Waste app
The Plate Waste app is part of the Food Waste Tracker solution. It shows restaurant customers the amount of plate waste. It is well-suited for buffet and line restaurants, where guests return and empty their plates into a container on top of the Waste Scale.
The amount of plate waste is displayed on both visually and as a reading. The app also illustrates if the amount of personal plate waste is exceptionally high. Showing plate waste encourages measures to reduce food waste. The loss is reduced when the amount of food to be prepared can be better predicted. Read more
“A global report shows that restaurants can have 7:1 ratio in savings if they invest in cutting food waste and prevent edible food from ending up in trash.” Champions 12.3.
“Studies show that businesses, such as hotels, restaurants and food retailers, earn financial returns by investing in food waste reduction.”
Leading with knowledge
- Define the data accuracy and collection points of waste
- Make sure that staff records the food waste as agreed
- Monitor the total number of deviations
- Initiate corrective actions and monitor their implementation
- Ensure a declining trend in food waste
- The information collected is reliable and up to date because the kitchen staff makes the entries in real conditions
Analyze visualized data
- Why food waste occurs
- What food waste consists of
- At what stage does food loss occur
- The amount of food waste, its value and carbon footprint
Choose the appropriate recording method for each collection point
- Entered manually with a web browser
- Entered manually with a mobile application
- By reading the weight wirelessly from the WasteScale and recording with the mobile app
- Automatic transfer of weight data from the WasteScales under waste bins
5 seconds to enter the data with WasteScale
- SmartKitchen FoodWasteTracker is best suited for a collection point with a lot of events, such as a production kitchen.
- Dump the loss to a waste container on top of the wireless scale. Select the category from the touch screen.
- It only takes five seconds to record accurate and real-time data.
BOOK A DEMO
Send us an online demo request if you are interested in food waste reduction and digital management in a commercial kitchen. Fill out the form and we will contact you as soon as possible.
Track the food waste in just
The kitchen staff is often very busy, and the automatization of routine tasks is appreciated. By using SmartKitchen WasteScale it only takes 5 seconds to enter the food waste data. The information collected is reliable, up-to-date and can be found on the same service.
Want to know more about easy and reliable solutions for self-monitoring and food waste management? Please contact us for more information.
Check out our products and their instructions. Centralized support for our customers from SmartKitchen customer support.
Already our customer? Login directly to the SmartKitchen service.